- Added BadMorale/Scandal functionality.
- Apply tokens to memes to increase their Bad Morale and Scandal.
- These are negative attributes. Bad Morale affects the percentage chance that a scandal will strike. The percentage goes up by 5% for each level of Bad Morale.
- Scandal level determines the severity of the scandal.
- When a scandal happens the dislike/headwind value for a meme is increased. The baseline is 22 cents. It goes up by 3 cents for every level of Scandal.
- Added a scandal summary page to show all memes' bad morale/scandal levels.
- Users may spend an unlimited amount of tokens to attack or defend these attributes.
- Modified the main meme page to accomodate these changes. Tokens are applied to Bad Morale/Scandal from there.
- Tokens applied to these attributes decay by 12% ever week.
- Added a weekly summary page to show everyone's gains (or losses).
- Mission screen will now show your previous 3 targeted memes, which you can click on to select instead of typing in the ticker.
- Reddit button on the home page, linking to the lolzzz subreddit.
- Formerly called "User Attack Helper", now "Token Allocation Helper."
- You can allocate tokens from this screen very quickly with just 1 button.
- +1 or +20 options exist for both headwinds and tailwinds.
- Added ability to change an assistant's avatar.
- Added facebook share button.
- Removed twitter button from the main button list (moved to top of screen) so that people don't accidentally click dislike anymore.
- Added a more design focused landing page for un-authenticated users.
- Sped up the mogul ladder page significantly by offloading the calculation of it until a user clicks the new "refresh" button on that page.
- Added an All Tickers page.
- When posting a comment or forum message, it should be much hard to double submit by accident.
- When completing an order, bring the user back to the meme's page rather than their portfolio.
- Errors should now be more helpful when trying to consume an order that somebody else has already fully consumed.
- Added some more "Quick Links" to the home page.
- The old assistants icon has been re-purposed for the "attack user" page.
- A new icon for user assistant activity is used
- Trollbox icon
- Browse icon
- Increased number of indexes on the home page to 7.
- Added a new confirmation pending screen for new users. This alerts them that they may need to check spam filters.
- Modified the new user welcome page. This now points them more directly to the create avatar page and hire new assistant page.
- Removed $50 cost from avatar creation.
- Added Weekly schedule to the home page.
- Added dividend preferences page. Setup all your dividend preferences and then vote for them all in one click.
- "Vote For All Preferences" button will appear on voting day.
- This should help with the burden of proposing and voting for all memes.
- Modified earnings calculation slightly. Rather than each like's worth based on user count, it is a flat 30 cents (about what it's been for the past several weeks).
- Added auto complete to the attack page.
- Added a page that helps you attack another user. Check it out here.
- Added some new eye and hair options for avatars.
- Tweaked some UI.
- Added tokens to the little summary box in the upper right.
- The dialog for rating/logging in bonus/etc. is now dismissable via a button on the dialog itself.
- Added a little "loading" icon when content is fetched. (to meme browse, user portfolio, and ladder pages).
- Added a banned users page.
- Rather than successful missions, new assistant hiring is based on completed missions.
- The "Hire New" button only appears if you've completed the appropriate amount of missions. Otherwise it tells you how many more you have left.
- Added the ability to hire more than one assistant.
- The requirement for hiring a new assistant is the number of successfully completed missions (across all of your assistants).
- Your first assistant hire is always available.
- In order to hire your second assistant, it takes 100 successful missions.
- Third assistant requires 1,000 successful missions.
- Fourth assistant requires 10,000 sucessful missions, and so on.
- Gear/Business Cards are currently not shareable across assistants.
- Added confirmation dialog for resetting all stats.
- Fixed bug where an assistant's dependability stat wasn't being considered for mission success. (It was always using 50%, lol sorry!!!)
- Made some links in the assistants screens look more like buttons so that they are easier to click.
- Made the meme on the mission finish screen a clickable link (feature request by Mr. Meme).
- Added the ability to reset all your assistant's stats. This costs 250 business cards.
Added a page that shows all the investments that require a vote from you.
- "Investment Voting" button appears on the portfolio page on Tuesdays which links to the page.
- Added a page that shows all the investments that require a vote from you.
- Added ability to exchange gear for business cards and then reroll stats using said business cards.
- Tweaked layout/style of home page. Added quick link to user assistant activity page.
- You can now propose the same thing as another user during regular proposal wizard. (no more 0.01 proposals)
- Added assistant activity monitor page. See what other assistants are doing to memes.
- Added link from home page to official wikia page.
Added token treasures that will appear at random on meme pages. The first user to find it and click on it receives the token.
One token treasure is assigned per meme per day. It appears for 1 hour on that page. Locations are reset every day.
- Focus the user name text box on the login page automatically.
- Register page now has "sign up using google".
- Login/register pages have a google branded button now.
- Individual notifications can be cleared. (you can swipe to clear on mobile)
Added R&D and Marketing investment proposals and changed voting days.
- Investment proposals for R&D/Marketing can be made on Mondays, voting occurs Tuesdays.
- Dividend proposals now occur on Wednesdays, voting occurs Thursdays.
- Each user can create up to 2 investment proposals per meme.
- Investments are resolved at 2 AM Eastern Standard Time on Wednesdays.
- If the total investment amount proposed exceeds current cash on hand, no investments are applied.
Investments are either voted for or against. You can vote for multiple investments.
- Any investment that has more votes for than against is approved.
Added R&D and Marketing mechanic.
- Every meme can be leveled up in these two stats.
- Each stat has a max level of 9.
- Haven't yet added the ability to actually apply cash to these and level them up. Just checking in the framework for it.
- Due to the potential for a great number of tokens, only 20 can be applied by one user to one meme.
- Added R&D and Marketing mechanic.
Added a voting wizard which is available as a button on the portfolio page on Thursdays.
- It takes you to the first meme you own with proposals that you haven't voted on yet.
- Once you vote it takes you to the next meme you still need to vote on, and continues until you've voted on all.
Added a proposal wizard which is available as a button on the portfolio page on Mondays.
- It takes you to the first meme you own that you haven't made a proposal for.
- Once you make a proposal it takes you to the next meme you still need to propose on, and continues until you've proposed on all of your memes.
- Added a voting wizard which is available as a button on the portfolio page on Thursdays.
- Removed costs associated with creating a meme index.
- Each user can have up to 20 indexes.
- Users can now add and delete from their existing indexes.
- Home page now has links for discord, twitter, hot or not, and ladder pages.
- Home page filters styling has changed.
- Modified meme price charts to have earnings markers.
- Added some financial data to the proposals page.
- Home page activity now filterable.
- Home page activity show as cards now so more are visible at once.
- Added "new proposal" activity type to the home page.
- Home page shows a lot more types of activity now.
- Portfolio now shows active proposal count, likes, dislikes, headwinds, tailwinds.
- Portfolio total net worth should now match the ladder.
- Removed "expected next earnings" from the portfolio because the user will not receive all earnings, only dividends.
- Added ownership breakdown to the main meme page.
- LZ value was off by a factor of 10.
- The EPS and DPS links in the details page open a more useful dialog now, which shows likes/dislikes/headwinds/tailwinds/users at the time of earnings.
Added ability to create and vote on proposals (for dividends or bankruptcy).
Added a page where shareholders can propose a dividend or bankruptcy (one proposal per shareholder per week, proposals occur on mondays).
- Dividend is a flat dollar amount, for example 3 cents per share.
- Shareholders can view and vote on dividend proposals with voting on Thursdays.
- The proposal with the most votes wins
- If no votes happen, dividend is $0.00 for the week.
- If a meme cannot pay it's dividend or has no dividend, no dividend is paid, and cash will accumulate on the meme itself.
- Added a page where shareholders can propose a dividend or bankruptcy (one proposal per shareholder per week, proposals occur on mondays).
Changed calculation of earnings and lz value.
Earnings can now go negative.
- likes/tailwinds count as (number of active users * 0.01)
- dislikes/headwinds count as the likes amount * .75, and negative
- for example, with 50 active users, a like is worth 50 cents, and a dislike is worth -37.5 cents.
- active users count as users that have logged in within the past 14 days.
- page views are no longer going to count towards earnings.
- Modify lzvalue to be Meme's Cash/10000. (A negative balance on the meme itself results in negative lz value)
A negatively valued meme can be unloaded to "Corporate Snake" by a shareholder proposing bankruptcy and then getting a majority vote.
- No value is given to shareholders, but it takes it off of their portfolio, it's an all-or-nothing situation.
- Earnings can now go negative.
- Added ability to create and vote on proposals (for dividends or bankruptcy).
- Fixed a bug with the advanced statistics page. The Avg Like/Dislike Ratio was not correct and the page could give unexpected errors in certain cases.
- Added "Tokens" functionality to be used as a Headwind/Tailwind mechanic. Read all about it here.
- Added the Corporate Snake who comes daily to steal memes from inactive users (users who have been inactive for over 90 days). He then resells these memes at 3 times their LZ Value... What a jerk.
- Reset the ladder and awarded the top 10 users with a special achievement (Season 1 Mogul).
- All memes have been returned to their original creator and every user is reset to $10,000 in cash.
- Season 1 memes can still be bought and sold, but the original creator must choose to redo their IPO (at whatever price they choose).
- All Season 1 memes will not count towards an individual's net worth until at least 25% of the meme is back on the open market.
- Congrats to the following users on their Season 1 achievement:
- Added a traveling merchant who comes daily with new orders. He buys memes at +/- 0-10% of their LZ Value. He sells his own memes at +0-10% of their LZ Value.
- Added shares owned next to the like/dislike buttons on the meme details page (per request from Gibari_ in this forum thread).
- Added ability to view advanced statistics for any user. Go to their public profile and click the "View Advanced Statistics" link.
- User names in the troll box are now clickable (per request from Kitsune in this forum thread).
- New logo! Part of a crusade to build the lolzzz brand independently of the pepe face.
- New like/dislike buttons to go along with new logo.
- Format cash on ratings bonus so that it only has 2 decimals.
LZ Value calculation modified
- LZ Value = [$1.00 * like] - [$0.50 * dislikes]
- LZ Value cannot go negative.
- LZ Value can be higher than this value if users are actively buying the meme at higher prices.
- Portfolio values should be more stable with this system.
Earnings per share calculation modified.
- EPS = (LZ Value (Ratings) / 52) + (Weekly Page Views * 0.10)
- This means that over the course of a year (52 weeks) each share you own of a meme should pay back its floor LZ Value.
If the meme garners a lot of page views in a given week you can make money a lot quicker than that.
- Incentive to use twitter functionality to spread the word about your memes and get more page views!
- Show the dollar value of the meme indexes on the home page.
- Added a new user stats page, check it out!
- Troll Box messages will now show clickable links (must have www. or http:// prefix).
- Troll Box should now automatically scroll to the most recent message when the page loads.
- Added troll box chat feature.
- Added twitter functionality to tweet about a specific meme.
- Added twitter follow button to the footer of the site.
- Added the ability to create, manage, promote, and view user made meme indexes.
- The home page will show the top 3 most promoted indexes. Use an index to raise awareness of memes you own, or to consolidate memes that you think should be tracked together.
- Gave all memes 10k shares and proportionally distributed new shares to existing owners, based on percentage owned.
- Removed quantity from the meme creation page, it will always be 10k.
- Modified the calculation for earnings payouts. Earnings on 4/14/2017 will be affected. See forum post for more details on the new system.
- Canceled all open orders in the system due to the new earnings calculation, as most orders no longer made sense.
- Modified the LZ Value calculation so that the minimum share value is the last earnings payment. (Should see less $0.00 value memes)
- Added the changelog page, added link to the home page.
- New Portfolio Design.
- Fixed bug where users couldn't IPO less than 1000 shares.
- Added UTC conversions so that times show up in users' time zone.
- Fixed issue with ratings bonus money not getting paid out.
- Implemented ratings bonus of $25 for every 10 ratings given.
- Temporary fix for insider trading.
- New Browse page design. Likes and dislikes now last forever and cannot be undone.
- New Ladder page design.
- Expanded Forums comment lengths from 255 to 500.
- Cleaned up IPO page validation.
- Fix for corrupted meme images with no url.
- Added better email address validation.
- New Notification page.
- Fixed issue with meme creation fees.